Sorry to be using the ‘C’ word so early but it’s less than two months away now and this blog is all about helping you avoid the usual weight gain and accompanying sluggishness that we normally experience after Christmas.

I was speaking with one of our members last week and she told me about what she was doing to avoid the Christmas weight gain and it’s such a good idea I wanted to share it with you all!

Usually we’ll all over indulge at Christmas and gain a few pounds and inches safe in the knowledge that we’ll have to spend the early part of the New Year working to get it all off again.

Well what about if we take a different approach…

What about if instead we spend the run up to Christmas training regularly and eating well in attempt to lose a little so that we can then relax and enjoy Christmas?!

Of course you’ll still gain a little at Christmas but you’ll be gaining from a lighter weight and size.

One thing I can’t stand is any guilt around food, it’s pointless. I hate the idea that people beat themselves up after a nice meal or social occasion. Life is too short for that and food and social occasions should be enjoyed. Especially Christmas!!young beautiful latin woman in red with pink sugar donut thinking and feeling guilty after biting isolated background in sweet abuse and addiction and unhealthy nutrition skipping the diet concept

In order to do that you just need to address the reason for any potential guilt. If it’s that you’ve not exercised and eaten more than you should then surely there’s a simple solution; find time for a little exercise.

Think of ways that you can head into Christmas able to properly enjoy yourself. The chances are you just need to stay active and follow good habits with your eating for the next two months.

And by the way, don’t go all SUPER EXTREME with your diet for the next two months either.single lettuce leaf on a plate, extreme dieting, isolated

Just try to strike a sensible balance.

If you drastically restrict your diet and start cutting out anything and everything you might enjoy then what do you think is going to happen come Christmas, if you even make it that far without cracking? You’ll end up going on one almighty binge and gorging on all the foods you’ve been avoiding.

Instead just aim to eat well 80% of the time and allow yourself the things you enjoy in moderation the remaining 20% of the time. This is a great way of making a diet feel more like a lifestyle and helping you stay on track. (I’ll do a full blog on striking this balance)

So for the next 2 months aim to train regularly, eat well 80% of the time and then you can properly enjoy Christmas whilst looking great, feeling great and without any guilt!

p.s. if you’d like to hold yourself accountable feel free to tag Lean Mums into your posts or post in the Chat area of the website saying what you’ll do and when.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *